Advice and information
The Universität Hamburg offers a wide range of information to help you make an informed choice when selecting a degree program. You can also find further information about external institutions here to give you an idea of your aptitude for teaching profession.
Advising services within the University
The Universität Hamburg Campus Center provides all the necessary information about the application process, admissions process, and studying at the University before you start your studies.
The Center for Academic Advising offers services specific to teacher training (counseling for individuals and in small groups, information sheets) as well as general academic guidance (material and talks).
The academic office at the Faculty of Education (contact via Email: pruefungsverwaltung_lehramt.ew"AT"uni-hamburg.de) provides study advice for the following teacher training degree programs
- Teacher Training for Primary Schools
- Teacher Training for Secondary Schools
- Teacher Training in Special Needs Education for Primary Schools
- Teacher Training in Special Needs Education for Secondary Schools
The Institute of Vocational and Business Education offers an academic advising service for Teacher Training in Vocational Education.
The Central Examination Office for Teacher Training (ZPLA) offers advice for the recognition of practical experience to become eligible for Teacher Training in Vocational Education.
Advice for degree components and subjects
Time-slot model minimazing timetable overlappings
For the majority of subject combinations, the time-slot model at Universität Hamburg helps students to study without overlappings between (compulsory) education science courses and the teaching subjects or vocational subjects.
Self-exploration and assessment (in German only)
- Studienkompass Lehrer*in Hamburg (degree orientation for teaching in Hamburg)
- Online-Self-Assessment (OSA) Lehrer*in Hamburg (online self-assessment)
- Career Counseling for Teachers (CCT)
- Selbsterkundung zum Lehrerberuf mit Filmimpulsen (SeLF) (video clips providing reflections on and for teaching)
- FIT für den Lehrerberuf (FIT for teaching) from the Potsdam teacher study (link via the Verband Bildung und Erziehung [VBE, association for education])