Goal, tasks, and mission statements
The cooperation agreement between Universität Hamburg, the other universities involved in teacher education, and the Hamburg State Institute of Teacher Training and School Development assigns the following tasks to the Hamburg Center for Teacher Education (ZLH):
- coordination of all institutions involved in teacher education in Hamburg
- providing expert advice to those involved in teacher education
- identification of requirements for the further development of teacher education
- preparation of resolutions on teacher education in Hamburg
- initiation of the necessary measures
The assignment covers all phases of teacher education, from the university to the initial professional phase, as well as in-service teacher training.
Hamburg's teacher training degree programs are based on 3 complementary mission statements.