Hamburg Teacher Education as a continuous development process
Teacher education in Hamburg finds itself in a continuous development process, with study programs and the teaching practice period adapting to changing social conditions. The ZLH participates in these reform projects by coordinating, carrying out, or becoming involved in them.
This process has many sources:
- the political sphere (cf. Reform of Teacher Education (in German only)),
- teacher proficiency research (cf. research and development projects),
- internationalization of teacher education (cf. DiCoT),
- development activities of university teachers (cf. teaching laboratories (in German only) and Arbeitsstelle Lehrerprofessionalisierung (in German only)), and
- collaboration with the Hamburg State Institute of Teacher Training and School Development.
Improving and further developing university study programs and the training program of the Hamburg State Institute of Teacher Training and School Development stimulates and challenges everyone involved.